JP Meeting Minutes
In attendance: Hanny, Jenny P, Meghan, Gabi, Lauren, Jenny W, Bryce, Julia Westwater
Absent: Julia H
- Some departments/at-large still don’t have any nominations
- Sent out more reminder emails
- End of week next week for final voting
- Budget and application ready, due Sept 1
- Trip would entail aquarium admission – free for WHOI students and $11 tickets for MIT students. IMAX theatre would be a $9 ticket. Lunch voucher for $9 includes full meal.
- Estimating half JP and half MIT at about 40 people, budget would be around $900, without transport
- WHOI students can carpool and get reimbursed for gas.
- Overall would be much cheaper than the summer picnic but would serve less people.
- Will send out poll to JP students for interest
- Whale shark documentary film-maker will be in the Boston area around October
- Would be interested in screening the movie here
- Eco-tourism focus
- Picture of reps – DONE
- Will compile on google docs if reps have edits.